One loose end has nagged at me about my novel A Flame in the Night—the cover. Today, I'm super excited (trying out my kid-speak, Lord knows I hear it enough in my house)! Why, you may ask? Drum roll please . . .
New Cover and Promo Sale
A Flame in the Night has a new cover! Many thanks to Tatiana Vila for her awesome design. In honor of this momentous occasion, the book is on promotional sale for $0.99 for the next few days! If you haven't read it yet, now's a great opportunity!
A Flame in the Night is the first book in my Legends of Aewyr series. I've started work on the second book, so I thought it would be fun to tie this blog to the new cover promotion by noodling over some of the major loose ends/unanswered questions left dangling at the end of A Flame in the Night.
Loose Ends that make You Go, Hmmmm?
1. Who was the woman in the crypt at the beginning of the book, what did she remember, what was it she unleashed, and what did Shealtiel mean when he said her release from the crypt (by the earthquake) changed everything? (Okay, so technically, that's four questions rolled into one, but they all tie to the same mysterious woman.)
2. What's the deal with Lakyn's dreams?
3. Why does Valerian's voice physically hurt Lakyn?
4. Who is the third immortal in Kaelin, and why the secrecy?
5. What happened five years ago in Onalle that allowed Xarkuhl to overthrow the kagenland so mysteriously?
6. Who was Reuel's mate, and why does Lakyn remind him so much of her?
7. What is it about Lakyn's sword and the words it speaks to her that affects Reuel so much?
8. How did Gyrd know of Lakyn's battle with Bakar?
9. What is the Kestling Stone, and what is it about the stone that scared Izora?
10. Who, or what, the heck is Izora?
Are all of these loose ends important to the series storyline, or are any simply red-herrings to keep you guessing or looking in the wrong direction? You'll have to keep reading to find out. I, of course, know where the story is heading, but if any of you have any guesses or suggestions, please feel free to let me know in the comments section below.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please sign up below to receive email notices of my blog posts.